How to download, customize and upload
Crystal Cloud Graphics .zip files of web set templates.
Even if you think your concern is an issue specific part below, be sure that is isn't something you didn't do in another section. So at least read through all the parts.
Part 1: Saving .zip file, opening .zip file and setting up the proper folders to store the files.
Part 2: Editing and customizing template.
Part 3: Creating a page from the customized template.
Part 4. Uploading files for proper viewing.
Saving .zip file, opening .zip file and setting up the proper folders to store the files.
1. Go the page you want to use.
2. Click on the page as the arrow below shows:
3. When you do a window may appear (if it doesn't skip to step 4.) that looks like below, if it does, make sure the radio button says "Save File" then click "OK" as shown:
4. When you do a window will open up that shows files in your computer, find where you want to place the file, then click save as shown:
5. Next open up the program you store your files on your computer, for most it will be "My computer" I use "Windows Explorer." Find the .zip file you just saved and open it. Easily done with a rapid double click of the mouse.
6. This will initiate your .zip program to initiate, most will automatically "unzip" the file, if your's does not, go through the program so that it does "unzip" the file. If you do not have a ZIP program on your computer, you can download a 45 day free trial of WinZip (what I use) at http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm A zip program must be installed in your computer before you can open the file and continue through the next steps. The next step shows the above file unzipped in a zip program:
7. While this program is open, go back to your computer folder and create a folder you want the files to go into. Also (VERY IMPORTANT) create within this folder another folder called "images" as shown:
8. Now with both of these windows open on your screen (the opened zip file and the computer file), Highlight and drag (click mouse and while holding mouse clicker down you can drag file) the .html file and the .txt file and place it into the folder (release the click button of mouse when the mouse is over the computer program folder window):
9. Next, open the "images" folder you created in your computer file program. Highlight all the graphic (.gif and .jpg file extensions) files in the zip program and drag them into the images folder as shown:
NOTE:"images" folder and .html files MUST be in the same folder as the example shows for you to edit and upload files properly to render! This format does not change for any page of your site!
10. Close the zip program window.
11. If you have other graphics or pictures you are going to want on the website, place them ALL into the images folder you just placed the template graphic in. You can locate them in your computer files program, highlight them and pull down the "Edit" menu and click "Copy," then reopen the "images" folder you put the template graphics in, go back to the file "Edit" pull down menu and click paste.
12. Close the window.
MISCELLANEOUS ESOTERIC THEMES I RELIGIOUS/CULTURAL TRADITIONS I WORLD RELIGIONS
FAQ I TUTORIAL I SITE MAP I AWARDS I RINGS I LINKS I BIO I GUEST BOOK I HOME
Crystal Cloud Graphics is a home based graphic design and drafting firm that has been in business since 1978. It is owned and operated by Kythera Ann. If you would like to commission a specially designed theme or graphic please send an e-mail.
Web Host: ELYSIUMGATES.COM
If you experience any problems with this site, please contact the web mistress.
Copyright 1997 - 2008